CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 24 November 2012

DT Card - Gem of a Challenge

Morning all,

Today see's a new challenge at "A Gem of a Challenge" and this time we want to see - Paper Piecing!

This was the first time I ever paper pieced a digi stamp and i've got to say it wasn't half as difficult as I thought it would be.




This is the gorgous "Winter Phoebe" and she can be found here.  I just had to colour her hair red just like my eldest girlie Phoebe Jane, and yes this will be her christmas card.



The papers I used are the new Coconut Ice also from the Pink Gem store.


 
 
 
I didnt realise until now just how brilliantly pink my card looks - lol, also my Gems in the corner are really a lovely green colour to match the papers but they look almost black here :-(
 
So there you have it, I do hope you'll pop over and join in with my very first Challenge and if you need any tips or help with the paper piecing just leave me a little comment and i'll get back to you.
 
Love and hugs
 
xxCara xx
 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
 

 

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cara. I love that sweet image and the colour scheme is so pretty. The frostville border looks wonderful in pink.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card ! Nice charcater. Beautiful papers and magnificent border. the inside is also beautiful as the outside. Bravo ! I like !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and "Bonne Chance" !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful card Cara, love the gorgeous image and papers. Your paper piecing and colouring are fabulous too hun.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the bright colours, gorgeous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet image - absolutely love this!

    Gina X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute, fun card Cara! Fab paper piecing (I love paper piecing) and what gorgeous vibrant papers! Love it :)
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so gorgeous cara.i love your hot pink and aqua colours and adorable sweet image, the paper piecing looks fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cara this is beautiful and I love your colouring and paper piecing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet image which you have brought to life beautifully. I love the DP too.
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely bright and cheery card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card the colours are so beautiful, that image is a cutie the layers look terrific this is a really super card, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearly Mine this week.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Hun love the image she is so sweet and the papers are lovely. I'm sure your Daughter will be delighted with her personalized card :)

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. a lovely card!
    thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life
    XXX

    ReplyDelete